Monday, May 5, 2014

Mothers Day



I try and keep my buttons tidy in this storage box - good old  shirt buttons and the like are just in  a plastic ice cream tub . I used to spend hours as a child  going through the button tin at my Nana's .



                           

This background paper came from a box of tissues - I peeled off the stiff cardboard backing - cut off the store logo from one end and hey presto - I don't buy many brown papers ( if any ) but I loved the design on this.I used a HOTP template to hand cut the large brown shape -two punched circles -another bit of hand cutting for the flower and a button.

Catered Crop -  Add a button
The Squirrel and the Fox -  Mothers Day

4 comments:

Granmargaret said...

Lovely cards. You could enter this into the challenge at Unstampabelles (no stamps allowed)
http://unstampabelleschallenges.blogspot.com.au/

Susan Hogan said...

Gail, I love the sweep of colour in your button box. Your card is pretty nifty too! Hand cut - boy! Great job. AND a bit of upcycling too - great pattern.

Merry said...

What a stunning card Gail and I love how it came to be. Mum used to have tins of buttons that I loved going through as a kid. Have my own collection now but not so pretty as Mum's seemed to be.

Helen said...

That is lovely and so clever too - I'd never have guessed where your backing card came from!

Thanks for joining us at The Squirrel and the Fox.

Helen x