Friday, April 25, 2014

Sew Special




This card is for my Aunt - now in her eighties - many years ago she had a dressmaking business - I remember as a very young girl refusing to wear a very frilly pink and white gingham dress which she had loving made ( she never had a daughter ,only a son ). I'm not sure if she will recall this incident and I'm pleased to say we have always been very close . I only found out when I was in my forties that her and my uncle had wanted to adopt to me ( my parents didn't  want me ). If only that had happened my life would have been very different.

Crafting with Dragonflies - challenge 24 - Mothers Day or Special Lady . The insert has punched corners and the body form image.

3 comments:

happyglitzygirl said...

A beautiful card Gail, whenever I try to sew on my cards, the thread breaks or the needle and I give up.. Well done, love the vintage look, thanks for playing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies, blessings Hilde

Merry said...

So glad you had your Aunt in your life. This is a lovely card...I love that scissor image.

Susan Hogan said...

A wonderful card for your Aunt and I am sure she will remember. When you love someone you always remember. Great job with this stamp set. Thanks for sharing at Crafting with Dragonflies for our challenge - Mothers Day/Special Person. Hope you are keeping warm this afternoon!