Thursday, April 19, 2012

A busy day filled with colour

The washing machine is rumbling away and I'm chopping branches from overgrown shrubs then raking the lawn .It was such a beautiful morning I decided to grab the camera and take a few pics.I've only gone for the larger flowers ,it may be Autumn but the garden is awash with colour.











This camellia with the leaf insect on the right is my favourite pic.The intended bloom had a large ant crawling about inside so I flicked it off along with half the petals. Luckily I saw another bloom and it had this little visitor.

Enjoy your day,I have to paint this afternoon so I am not sure if I will have time to make a card.

1 comment:

Merry said...

Oh Gail, these flowers are all so beautiful. So jealous as we don't get to grow those up here in the north. Reminded me of when I lived in Sydney. My Mum has always loved Fuschia's and I got to grow a couple while I was down there...now I have a love for them too.